Be part of something special. We’re looking for a high achieving and energetic VP Marketing / Head of Marketing to join this scaling, challenger VC/Venture Capital start-up. This organisation is entirely focused on the high growth tech start-up space.
This is a great environment for a tech-savvy Marketing leader to drive the creation of this organisation’s marketing & branding strategy alongside their online / social-media presence. You’ll help to move this organisation into the forefront of the world of technology & digital investment. You’ll have a head for all things PR, Community, Digital and Social, with the ability to impressively boost a brand within your target B2B community locally and internationally. The right person will actively spot opportunities to voice the brand and will have the chance to create and manage relationships with senior players in the investment & tech startup arena, as well as having a fantastic opportunity to showcase editorial flair and creativity around online and offline marketing concepts.
This opportunity is a blank canvas to create & shape the strategy and direction of Marketing activity working closely with, and as part of, the senior leadership team. You will be integral in leading campaigns and strategy across digital marketing, social media and first-class large and small events with the aim of maximising the company’s profile.
- Create opportunities for the investment team and wider company to connect with the wider investment & tech startup community UK and Europe wide
- Build and maintain relationships across the entire investment community including global stakeholders
- Own & drive content, branding & digital marketing strategy – offline/SEO & other online plus drive calendar of themed online comms (events/content/blog/social media etc)
- Advise on core brand, marketing and communications strategies for B2B tech community engagement working closely with and as part of the leadership team.
- Demonstrable experience owning and implementing marketing initiatives locally – planning events and conferences – large scale & more intimate
- Ability to communicate with wider investment and Marketing community re strategy and plan
- Monitor news alerts, both from technology publications and portfolio companies, maintaining a social media presence in relevant groups and staying up-to-date with digital tech trends & lots more
- Work with Communications and wider internal teams on marketing, branding strategy and online / social-media presence
- Monitor and manage the website and social presence + online community spaces relevant to media and entrepreneur communities to ensure a constantly growing digital presence for the brand
- Manage internal marketing automation/CRM containing all key audiences: portfolio and external names
- Craft and send regular segment-targeted newsletters with company updates to stakeholder audiences, ensuring brand consistency throughout.
- Leadership, strategy and executional experience & track record across digital marketing, social media, events and content in a tech start up environment
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the tech start-up scene
- Proven experience within PR and Media, ideally within an agency or leading tech firm
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write compelling content
- Experience in launching community initiatives and overseeing social media presence for brands
- Awesome event planning across conferences, dinners and industry events
- Ability to effectively track various metrics across engagement, website traffic, story reach and ROI on campaigns/events
- A high level of integrity, EQ and network building skills
This is a fantastic chance for a community driven Marketing expert to join an impressive challenger business and play a pivotal role in increasing its presence in the local and international investment community! If you’d like to find out more, please get in touch at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!