Be part of something special! We’re looking to hire a high achieving, talented and energetic VP Marketing to join this scaling, fast paced challenger VC/Venture Capital firm. This role requires a tech-savvy senior marketing professional with a keen interest in and deep knowledge of the high growth technology start-up community in Europe and beyond.
As a newly created role, this is a broad blank canvas to help shape strategies across the full communications mix. You will be part of an emerging entrepreneurial and dynamic team with a wealth of operational experience and developing a track record unrivalled in Europe. This is the opportunity to be at the start of the journey and to drive the creation of the marketing & branding strategy of a firm seeking to be regarded as one of the best.
You’ll help to move this organisation into the forefront of the world of technology & digital investment. You’ll have a head for all things PR, Marketing, Community, Digital and Social, with the ability to impressively boost a brand within your target B2B community locally and internationally. The right person will actively spot opportunities to voice the brand and will have the chance to create and manage relationships with senior players in the investment & tech startup arena, as well as having a fantastic opportunity to showcase editorial flair and creativity around online and offline marketing concepts.
You will create & shape the strategy and direction of marketing activity working closely with, and as part of, the senior leadership team. You will be integral in leading campaigns and strategy across digital marketing, social media and first-class large and small events with the aim of maximizing the company’s profile and visibility within this ecosystem.
- Develop and implement a strategy for technology and entrepreneurial community engagement.
- Create opportunities for the investment team, portfolio companies and the wider entrepreneurial community to connect with each other, share ideas and learn new skills.
- Develop a mix of larger-scale events (e.g., conferences) and smaller more intimate events (e.g. theme dinners, etc.)
- Proactively work with the investment team to identify and nurture key B2B relationships (e.g., existing and target entrepreneurs, other VCs, advisors, key introducers and brand ambassadors, etc.)
- Work with internal teams on marketing, branding strategy and online/social-media presence to boost visibility on online platforms.
- Manage the Advisor Network, including specialized events.
- Develop relationships with portfolio companies and work with wider Business Development / Value Creation team.
- Responsible for marketing initiatives that drives the business locally, such as event planning, conferences, blogs, etc.
- Own and implement digital marketing initiatives.
- Manage and execute a comprehensive calendar of communications, including content articles, research, blog posts, social media, thought pieces that align to align with strategic themes.
- Manage and execute the production, promotion and amplification of community and public events in London and across key strategic geographies in Europe for media and entrepreneur communities.
- Monitor and manage the website and social presence, as well as keep updated online community spaces relevant to media and entrepreneur communities.
- Manage and create engaging text, image, and video content in conjunction with brand guidelines.
- Manage internal marketing automation / CRM containing all key audiences: portfolio and external names.
- Craft and send regular segment-targeted newsletters with company updates to stakeholder audiences, ensuring brand consistency throughout.
- Monitor news alerts, both from technology publications and portfolio companies, maintaining a social media presence in relevant groups and staying up-to-date with digital tech trends.
- Work with Legal and Compliance to build and execute, if necessary, a contingency plan in the event of any PR issued.
- Constantly help to innovate thinking.
- You will have exceptional all-round communication skills and be able to maintain consistently high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. This role demands editorial flair and creativity for new online and offline concepts and new angles on stories and themes, combined with a proactive approach to managing relationships and spotting opportunities to voice our brand.
- Working at senior levels as well as being able to roll your sleeves up, you will need to be both hands on and strategic and be able to work in close partnership with key stakeholders both inside and outside the business.
- Prior experience as a marketing lead at a VC/PE firm, leading Agency, accelerator/networking org and/or fast-growing tech organisation. You may have also spent time in an investment bank or financial services organisation.
- Gravitas, a high degree of emotional intelligence & professional integrity with bags of energy to enable you to work closely with senior stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrable track record in the field of tech, start-ups or investment, you will bring fantastic in-depth knowledge of the start-up/tech ecosystems & be well connected across the main European Hubs.
- Experience in launching community initiatives and overseeing social media management for brands.
- Expert event planning across conferences, dinners and industry events.
- Ability to effectively track various metrics across engagement, website traffic, story reach and ROI on campaigns/events.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an amazing quality of output.
- Demonstrable commitment to keeping yourself abreast of your profession and a high proficiency in digital marketing capabilities and experiences.
This is a fantastic chance to join an impressive challenger business and play a pivotal role in increasing its presence in the local and international investment community. If you’d like to find out more, please get in touch at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!