Connect with ColinOr
B2B SaaS – £85k + Package – Lincoln based
JD&Co has an unrivalled reputation across the scaleup & VC communities. We have spent the past decade partnering with high-growth businesses and have helped shape the leadership teams of some of the best and brightest consumer tech brands around today.
We are currently working with a high growth tech business making a real difference in a sector that really matters, who are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to join their growing tech team and assure the successful execution of the business strategy through planning, development and delivery of technology projects.
This person will be passionate about technology, innovation and who is able to determine and deliver a technical strategy that underpins the business vision and goals in the short and long term. Strong leadership skills are need as this person will need to win the hearts and minds of the team, encouraging collaboration and best practice along the road to improved development processes and delivery. Working at pace and in Agile will be second nature to you as you and your teamwork through a variety of complex projects and business initiatives in a scalable, secure and sustainable way.
A snapshot of what you’ll be doing:
- Understand the company vision and build a technology roadmap that underpins and facilitates the business goals
- Lead, manage and mentor an engineering team that covers the areas of Development, Data and DevOps
- Oversee the delivery of several concurrent platform development projects from design through to release
- Draw on your Agile knowledge and experience to determine what works best, taking the most relevant elements of various methodologies to provide a best in class development process
- As and where appropriate, identify opportunities for emerging technologies that can help achieve the business goals more effectively and efficiently, driving a culture of innovation and delivery
- Take overall ownership of the core platform and system architecture, making key decisions on selected tools, platforms and initiatives, considering feasibility, necessity and cost
- Ensure an open, collaborative and positive working relationship with other business functions
We would like to speak with you if you have:
- Experience of leading the tech function within a B2B SaaS business
- Proven experience in determining technical strategy, infrastructure & architecture frameworks, with enough technical expertise to ensure successful delivery of them
- Previous experience as a “hands on” engineer who has then gone on to manage a high performing engineering function
- A strong desire and demonstrated ability to lead and attract top technology talent, having managed high performing tech teams in high growth, fast paced environments
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Ability to translate customer insights and business strategy into technical requirements
- Accountability for creating, tracking and delivering on targets and metrics
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment and/or implementing Agile ways of working, consistently aware of ensuring quality and best practice
- Innovative, self-starting, positive, down to earth, strategic individual with high integrity and a sense of humour
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA or post graduate qualification in Computer Science or related field
If you are looking for your next challenge and are an experienced technology leader with a track record of delivery in high-growth, digital first, start-ups or scale-ups, we’d love to chat.
This position supports partial remote working
- We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that people have been heavily affected by the economic effects of Covid, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
- We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
- JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.