Connect with SophieOr
VP Engineering / Chief Technology Officer – Global/Fintech/B2C £150k – £200k
JD&Co has an unrivalled reputation across the scaleup & VC communities. We have spent the past decade partnering with high-growth, scaleup businesses and have helped shape the leadership teams of some of the best and brightest consumer tech brands around today.
We’re partnered with an incredibly successful global consumer tech scaleup brand in hypergrowth mode looking to hire an experienced VP Engineering / CTO, as they continue on their impressive growth journey. The founders are looking for someone exceptional to lead and inspire their large globally distributed Technology and Engineering teams busy developing high transaction, mission-critical platforms and products. You will need a blend of tech scaleup & corporate organisation experience with a track record of inspiring, building and scaling large engineering teams and tech functions ideally with 100+ headcount.
You will be passionate about technology, technically astute and is someone who enjoys leading, coaching and motivating large global teams of engineers, while creating a high pace, agile environment that enables high performance and best practice.
You will be the most senior voice of Technology within the business and work closely with the wider Leadership team (reporting directly into the CEO) to ensure that everyone is aligned, sharing information and delivering meaningful, high quality and timely outcomes. You will be effective at combining your sharp technical skills with critical commercial, business and product thinking to keep strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive as constant themes in the engineering team culture.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to the voice of Technology and to guide the strategic direction of the company from a tech standpoint
- Oversee the development and delivery of key engineering projects for the company
- Keep high standards of tech design and implementation, delivering on time and on budget whilst keeping technical standards high and driving a continuous improvement culture
- Build team capabilities in both application and infrastructure engineering
- Coach & motivate teams with a close eye on health and wellness and making sure you continue to embody and champion company values.
- Hire effectively to secure world class talent, acting as a talent magnet and an ambassador for the business
- Invest in technical architecture to ensure the security and scalability of systems and working practices, working with external vendor and 3rd parties
- Plan and prioritise impactful technical investment initiatives, for example, using innovative automation tools to stay ahead of the competition
- Significant strategic technology & engineering leadership experience within regulated and complex environments, ideally within fintech
- Growth focused CTO/VP Engineering with proven track record of leading a world class engineering organisation ideally in both early stage, high growth businesses as well as more established brands with significant headcount
- Significant experience and track record of building agile software development teams both in country and remotely of 100+
- Experience partnering with C-Suite as a valued and key member of an
- SLT, the voice of tech, as well as strong collaboration with Product leaders to scale mission critical platforms/products
- Experience in a leading role running a large production infrastructure supporting a substantial global B2C customer base
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and thrives in agile, fast paced and dynamic technology environments with little hierarchy
- Skilled communicator, armed with huge amounts of warmth, authenticity, humility, EQ and no ego
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in relevant discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class leadership team and an organisation with exceptional pedigree from many of the world’s most admired and respected global technology and finance organisations. If you’d like to find out more, please get in contact for a confidential conversation.
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that people have been heavily affected by the economic effects of Covid, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.