Connect with SophieOr
JD&Co has an unrivalled reputation across the scaleup & VC communities. We have spent the past decade partnering with high-growth, early to mid-stage businesses and have helped shape the leadership teams of some of the best and brightest consumer tech brands around today.
We’re looking for an experienced VP – Cloud Engineering to lead on the design and deployment of a world class, integrated e-commerce platform that will be the first of its kind in this particular space and is hugely disruptive. Backed by investors, this organisation is headed into a period of hypergrowth.
This role is a critical hire and needs a strong innovation and disruptor mindset, someone who can lead from the front, be hands-on and who will inspire and excite at all levels of the business. You’ll have already worked in start-up, scale-up or high-growth cloud-based tech or ecommerce orgs, and will have recently led teams of engineers effectively to deliver significantly scaling and high performing platforms. These platforms will need to include integrated payment capability/solutions, and will involve the development of both web and mobile enabled apps.
- Develop the tech strategy and roadmap for the development and delivery of the company’s new fully integrated Cloud-based platform
- Establish the architecture requirements needed to support the whole process from Minimum Viable Product (MVP) creation and launch through to it eventually processing millions of transactions
- Create application architecture and infrastructure design that is realistic, affordable, achievable, and able to support scalability, robustness, and successful product delivery
- Make decisions on technology selection including whether to “buy or build”
- Develop agile solutions that can support rapid development, where we can continue to build on the success of what we’ve already achieved in a logical manner and which is focussed on driving both revenues and growth
- Hire, train, mentor, and coach the Cloud development team effectively, encouraging best practice and high performance
- Bring a collaborative, positive and “can do” culture to the technical team
- Provide technical thought leadership and insight that inspires and motivates colleagues, the vanguard of knowledge for technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practice
- Communicate technology strategy at all levels to fellow management, investors, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders as and when required
- You are considered an cloud platform/system expert and possess a track record of achievement as a software engineering leader
- Have previously worked in early stage, VC backed high-growth businesses, ideally within a high transaction ecommerce environment
- Experienced in the design and development of cloud software applications and life cycles from concept, architecture design, development, QA to deployment
- Development and implementation of innovative technology systems, including extensive product development experience of web and mobile apps
- Strong knowledge of AWS and have previous coding experience in Node.JS, React and MongoDB for cloud platforms
- Experience of working with CRM systems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a senior global team of super smart, highly motivated and passionate technology professionals busy leveraging the latest and greatest in their space.
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that many people have been heavily by the economic effects of COVID, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.