We have partnered with a London-based PaaS scale-up with big and very exciting opportunities, backed by impressive VCs and disrupting an outdated market. They are already working with some of the most impressive clients in the tech eco-system and are now looking for a passionate business development leader who invests in people, believes in the power of data to inform their decisions, and wants to take on the challenge of their career.
An experienced sales leader, you will need to lay the foundations for a data-driven, analytics backed culture of continuous improvement. In the first six to twelve months you will also be hiring, mentoring and leading a team of ambitious sales people, providing training and coaching to help them realise their potential and raise the bar for what results can be achieved.
- Working with your team to build and close a pipeline of new business, delivering on ambitious targets for revenue and pipeline growth whilst building a strategy and plan across resources, team structure, commission plans, tools and technology to support delivery
- Growing and developing your team through effective coaching and the delivery of stimulating, proven training programmes; celebrating success, creating excitement, motivation and energy to build a team that is known for sales excellence
- Use data, dashboards and technology to establish best practice, identify patterns of success, and develop new ideas; apply a logical lens to the information available to you, and use metrics to elevate performance
- Finding and hiring the best sales talent on the market. mirror your approach of building a qualified sales pipeline to talent acquisition, ensuring successful, predictable and repeatable results
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functions across the business to ensure your strategy is aligned and supported, enabling the long-term success and ability to innovate and grow your function
- Provide regular, accurate reports and forecasts, including detailed insights on qualified pipeline creation, conversion rates, individual performances and other sales activity metrics
- Extensive experience within a high performing, early stage scale-up, B2B tech environments and ability to demonstrate serious success
- Experience developing relationships & selling to consumer-facing brands
- Track record of exceeding targets and performing in competitive environments and demonstrable experience of selling 6-7 figure deals to FTSE 250 companies
- Passionate about people with significant experience hiring, training, leading & motivating and retaining world-class teams
- A hands-on approach to tackling tactical and strategic sales activities and a proven track record of delivering on or exceeding revenue goals
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals, including strategic long-term partnerships, for digital or FMCG companies
- Ability to significantly reduce the sales cycle time and proven success forming and explaining a process
- Collaborative demeanor – you are an influencer with gravitas and resilience
- Driven and ambitious, motivated by achieving outstanding results
- Analytical and data-driven with good financial acumen
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of something truly special, playing an integral part in the next growth phase of this business. This role will be an ideal next step for an experienced Sales leader with impressive leadership skills and an aptitude for working, coaching and mentoring a small team, as well as others within the business, and providing stable commercial leadership.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please drop me a note via LinkedIn or here at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!