Connect with SophieOr
JD&Co is not a traditional executive search firm and never will be. Born out of sheer frustration with an outdated industry using wasteful, slow, “heads-we-win-tails-you-lose” search methodologies, we’ve replaced it with an agile, dynamic and collaborative approach designed around the needs of high-growth companies.
Heading into our 10th year, we sit at the heart of the startup ecosystem, acknowledged as industry-leaders across the European founder and VC communities, with a global network that includes over 35,000 followers on LinkedIn (all grown organically).
We’ve worked some of the most interesting tech-fuelled startups and scaleups around today. From the established unicorns to (what we believe will be) the biggest names of tomorrow, we partner with inspirational founders to build high growth leadership teams.
We’re on a mission to redefine our industry and change the way businesses think about talent and people – no biggie 😅
As a vital member of our Research and Insights team, the Research and Insights Manager will play a key role in the business, providing relevant and timely research, insights and project support to our Talent Partners and clients. You will be involved in the entire search process from creating beautiful client-facing documents, to conducting thoughtful quantitative and qualitative research into the market context and extensive micro research to find and engage with top Talent, ensuring alignment with project briefs. Working closely with the Talent partners, you will become the owner of the projects you are working on, providing valuable support to the project team, ensuring we are on track to meet our clients’ high expectations, whilst maintaining our unique sources of differentiation in a constantly evolving market.
You’ll be extremely comfortable with data analysis, show a high level of initiative, work happily in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, and respond to tasks with timely and decisive actions, all whilst having the reactiveness and flexibility to immerse yourself in other searches and projects when needed. You will be used to absorbing and re-ordering knowledge like a pro, obsessed with quality and be curious to always learn more and stay ahead of the curve!
Of course, you will get lots of training and support and learn all about our amazing clients – once you’re all trained up, you will…
- Avidly research the latest market and industry trends, keen so share your findings with the wider team
- Support projects with the creation of key documents, including target company lists, job specs, scorecards and adverts
- Source, map and engage with high profile, senior talent, using professional networks, marketing strategies and the latest technology packages
- Work closely with the Talent Partners to establish a comprehensive search strategy that will leave no stone unturned
- Be the driving force behind your very own projects, ensuring your squad of experts delivers exceptional service to our clients, and that we stay on track every step of the way
- Help to build a best-in-class Research and Insights function, ensuring all of our tools, processes and systems are meeting our high expectations
- Be a diary ninja, arranging meetings, coordinating the team and our clients to ensure every process is smooth and orderly
- Be eager to get involved in data analysis projects to extract relevant and timely insights to the wider team
- Ensure our internal database and talent pools are kept up-to-date
- Have a keen interest in the tech, digital and start-up eco-system, through continuous research into relevant industry events, news articles and press releases
- Be reactive and flexible whilst working across various projects, delivering on ad-hoc tasks as they arise
- Thrive in a fun but professional environment, to support best practice and maintain a high standard
In return, we hope you will sponge up all of the knowledge around you and learn a lot! We will work with you to create a bespoke development plan – something that fits and feels exactly right for you. We want to support you to be your best and there are tons of opportunities within the team to learn, get great training and explore areas of interest – be it social media marketing, HR, content as well as entrepreneurship.
Something about you
If you are naturally inquisitive, committed to self-development and always want to be a better version of yourself, then look no further.
We are looking for someone that is ambitious, has relevant experience in a busy, collaborative office-based (this doesn’t need to be in exec search, great research skills are innate and very transferrable), and is committed to delivering an exceptional, quality service. You’re naturally at home with data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative, and are comfortable with intermediate Excel skills and keen to progress to expert (which we will, of course, support). Full of positive energy, you’re solutions-focused, have a meticulous eye for detail and love to bring organisation to a busy environment – and of course loves to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the market!
We can’t wait to meet you!