Connect with SophieOr
Be part of an impressive growth story. We’re partnered with a smart, creative, ambitious consumer facing digital organisation embarked on an exciting global journey and happily disrupting their market sector with super smart technology. With impressive global customer reach, and operations located in multiple continents this organisation is well funded and has already kicked off a significant growth phase in 2020 and beyond.
To support this exciting growth, we are looking to hire a strategic yet hands on Operations Director to oversee global operations, including partner manufacturing and fulfilment, global procurement and supply chain and customer service. This is a fast moving and high impact role focused on achieving great performance inside and outside of the business and #GSD. With a strong focus on contributing at a senior level & building and leading efficient and happy teams, this role has a super strong commercial flavour and will help to shape a high performing organisation at a critical stage of its growth journey.
- Develop & lead on operational strategy
- Identify opportunities to improve cost, performance, scalability and resilience
- Scope and lead projects through to delivery
- Lead & manage on-demand operations and commercial relationship with partners & procure new partners where required
- Identify, scope and deliver initiatives to support both existing and new product development and to drive performance improvement
- Manage global supply chain, with a focus on cash flow
- Oversee in-bound logistics of delivering stock to global partners & outbound logistics
- Ensure we have the right shipping services to deliver the best experience for customers at a competitive cost & manage commercial relationships with carriers
- Oversee Customer Service function within the business, build and develop customer service team to cover all territories and product categories
- Oversee customer service policies & guidelines
- Oversee service delivery and drive improvements in performance
- Extensive work experience in an operational leadership role managing eCommerce B2C fulfilment, on-demand production, customer service, supply chain management & operational strategy (ideally with a physical, manufactured component)
- Track record of delivering outstanding results through efficient operations to improve scalability, cost & capability
- Significant experience managing global partners/suppliers/3rd parties – either existing or sourcing new when necessary
- Commercially strong, with excellent negotiating skills to maintain and secure competitive commercial agreements
- Experience of building, coaching and mentoring a super strong, high performing Operations team – a “people” person with natural leadership ability
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels & across internal functions and leading cross functionally within a business
- Motivation to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial growth environment with vision and creativity and a strong sense of initiative, ownership and collaboration.
- Resilient, tenacious and hands-on, with a #GSD attitude and boundless positive energy and ability to work in a non- traditional, modern tech environment
- Degree educated
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please get in touch at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!