We are excited to be partnered with a leading, disruptive technology startup with an exceptional and innovative culture. Embarking on an exciting growth journey and creating some truly futuristic products, we are looking ideally for an immediately available, commercial Financial Director to create a smooth and efficient Finance function that supports overall operations across the company.
Reporting to a highly credible CFO, you will be given the opportunity to inject your originality into a forward thinking and innovative organisation, and to take ownership within an expanding environment. You will be comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck into the inner workings of a Finance function and be able to partner with executive and senior level stakeholders in order to increase productivity, efficiency and performance.
- Build, lead and develop a high performing and skilled Finance function and introduce financial control into the department
- Manage the day to day finance operations and take a lead in mentoring and developing staff
- Take an active role in the continued growth of a fast-paced innovative business
- Take responsibility for compliance and all accounting activities for the company, within GAAP and IFRS
- Provide financial insight and direct planning and budget development to support and meet strategic goals
- Take responsibility for financial reports and management accounting
- Take a key role in ensuring the commercial health of the finance function and overall business
- Provide insight into operational issues and articulate insight and recommendations on fixes
- You have in-depth experience of financial and management accounting, as well as introducing financial control
- Experience of working within a fast- paced agile environment where you have made significant input into the growth journey of a business
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS with the ability to ensure that a finance function is and remains compliant
- A natural problem solver with the ability to spot potential issues before they arise
- You are adept at introducing robust structure and processes
- You are highly analytical, able to interpret data and draw insights from data
- You are a natural when it comes to interacting with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- You have a genuine passion for technology and the potential it brings
- Strong educational background with a Bachelor’s degree
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!