We are partnered with an innovative and award-winning global leader in data, with a growing international footprint and an impressive customer portfolio of some of the best-known businesses around the world.
This ambitious pioneer is entering an exciting period of accelerated global expansion and to support that growth is bolstering its senior leadership team with a newly created MD position. This will be one of the most senior and influential roles in the organisation and will play a truly pivotal part of their future success.
As Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading the largest business unit globally, working in collaboration with other leaders and key stakeholders across Europe, APAC and the Americas. You will take ownership of the global go-to-market strategy of the flagship product portfolio, as well as being instrumental in driving the long-term strategy and vision for the next three years.
Your success will be measured on the delivery of ambitious revenue objectives for 2019 and beyond, the rapid acquisition of new customers and partnerships, and the leadership of a large, high performing team capable of driving and supporting ambitious multimillion pound growth plans.
What you’ll do:
- Full accountability at the highest level, owning the P&L, driving revenue and taking charge of delivering business objectives
- Provide leadership through setting a clear vision and strategy for the business, which will support immediate and long-term development plans and deliver sustained growth
- Act as a role model for the business ensuring the distinct brand positioning is reflected in all activity whilst setting the pace and tone of the business
- Translate the strategy into short, medium and long-term business and tactical plans, ensuring the business achieves its sales, ROI and margin objectives
- Ensure an effective commercial structure, the right team and appropriate systems and data are in place to develop the core offer
- Continuously assess the performance across the business unit, taking corrective action where required in critical areas
- Build organisational capability to deliver growth by developing effective recruitment, retention and development tools
- Input and focus on product marketing activity and execution, ensuring the way the proposition is presented drives the appropriate level and quality of in-bound leads
- Responsible for managing and cultivating existing and new key relationships, playing a vital role in all areas of the business
To help you be successful, we’re looking for:
- Industry knowledge: A forward thinking thought leader with an excellent understanding of the data landscape
- Commercial: Credible senior leader with experience of taking a small and scaling business through hypergrowth, as well as proven success in a complex global matrix environment, managing multimillion pound revenues
- International: A true global citizen with a breadth and depth of international experience within fast-paced, agile, digital businesses
- Strategy into execution: Strategic thinker with proven ability to translate concepts on a roadmap into specific initiatives that are delivered and have the desired impact on the business
- Customer centricity: Strong customer orientation and ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers and channels
- Change leader: Proven track record of successful management of transformational customer-led change
- Collaborator and influencer: Track record of working in a complex environment and able to engage stakeholders at all levels, with the influencing skills to have a strong impact on the success of the business. Ability to influence from the boardroom to the front line
- Inspiring leader: Exceptional people skills and the ability to develop, motivate and lead teams across multiple locations
For more information and a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please get in touch with our team – [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!