JD&Co are working with an innovative B2B digital platform in hyper-growth mode, proud to be disrupting their industry and partnering with some of Europe’s largest and fastest growing businesses. The people in this business are the fibre that hold them together and are incredibly important to them, which is why they are in search of a truly hands-on Head of People to drive their culture and engagement and take them through their very exciting next stage of evolution. If that sounds appealing, read on…
They are completely transforming an industry with advanced software and automation. Founded in 2016, they have grown five-fold in the last year and are only just getting started. Working with thousands of clients across a range of industries including retail and manufacturing, they effortlessly integrate with their internal systems and provide an unmatched platform that gives their clients full control. To put it simply, they transform customer operations and increase revenue.
With a clear vision and strategy and a dynamic and passionate team of 50 in their London HQ, they are spreading their global footprint and scaling internationally over the next 12 months. What’s next for them? It’s all about growth and taking their team to 1000 people in the next 3 years, exciting times ahead.
With their ambitious growth plans, they are thinking about the way their business is forming and committed to putting in place the building blocks to solidify them an employer of choice. They are looking for a truly hands-on Head of People who will seamlessly lead them through that audit and help set their business up for scale.
As a small but growing start-up, they have developed a great dynamic between the founding team and the business and are looking for someone to help them maintain and develop that dynamic as the business grows. Working directly with the management team and in particular our CEO/Co-Founder, you will work in close partnership to build a culture around personal growth and development.
- Creating and executing the delivery of the People agenda that is aligned with business goals and objectives
- Providing input on the People implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans, acting as an integral member of the leadership team
- Providing counsel, consultation, support and advice to the leadership team on People-related issues
- Working closely with management and employees to improve relationships and increase productivity and retention
- Analysing trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies that span reward, recruitment, development, and recognition
- Driving engagement and retention activities based on continuous employees’ feedback
- Supporting and developing managers in driving a high-performance culture through coaching and facilitating talent review meetings
- Strategic people leader with proven HR generalist experience, able to be proactive, think ahead and future proof an organisation for scale
- Experience operating and driving the People agenda in high growth tech start-up companies that have scaled – seen the successes and challenges of growth and scale
- Experience partnering closely with SLT’s, providing leadership and direction on business decision-making, people management, problem solving and performance management
- Proven success meeting exceptionally high commercial standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on, agile environment
- Experience understanding business goals and recommending new approaches and ways of working to drive continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of future proofed people practices
- Experience creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs, and depth of expertise in organisational design
- Proven knowledge and practical application of HR practices and employment laws
- Growth mindset and experience driving a high-performance culture – encouraging employees to continuously learn and develop
- Comfortable with a complex changing work environment and thinking outside the box even in highly pressured situations
- Hands-on, roll your sleeves up mentality and ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employee, ensuring a high level of employee engagement
- Comfortable encouraging debate and brave enough to try new things
- High energy, personable, confident and comfortable in your own skin
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please get in touch via LinkedIn, or email [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!