Connect with KellyOr
Are you excited by joining a game-changing start-up in stealth mode, a world-class team, and an opportunity to build and lead an epic manufacturing site? Having developed and refined their core concept and product, this direct to consumer platform is set to launch and are looking for a superstar Head of Manufacturing to run a seamless and efficient operation across its new inhouse site. Armed with aggressive growth plans and looking for a tenacious, go-getter to take full ownership of production and manufacturing across the business, this is a unique opportunity to really make your mark and shape the future success of the business.
- The smooth running and continuous improvement of all manufacturing units. You’ll be focused on execution, optimisation and results, able to quickly ramp up volume in a short time, without compromising quality
- Managing and building close collaboration with existing and new suppliers, to ensure optimum pricing, quality and delivery at all times
- Taking a hands-on approach to the development and delivery of compelling strategies to improve production capacity, efficiency and profitability throughout the sites
- Overseeing internal systems to ensure high standards are maintained and exceeded in line with business strategy as well as customer expectations and government legislations
- Managing the budget for the site and production lines, with a continual eye on developing and tracking appropriate KPI’s
- Quality control and assurance, responsible for all product quality sign off
- Stock control, ensuring we’ve ordered the correct levels of stock in line with our forecasts and budget parameters, and ensure the correct stock rotation practices are being followed
- Deliveries, ensuring the correct orders are received, labelled and packaged correctly and despatched efficiently
- Be a driving force for Health and Safety across all business units and ensure the team are trained for and adhere to policies and regulations
- Building, coaching and mentoring a high-performing team from scratch to support the day to day operations and ambitious growth plans
- You’ll ideally be University educated and technically minded, with a degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering or Nutrition
- Significant experience of leading and scaling production/manufacturing in a hyper-growth environment, ideally with high-quality, complex products
- Proven experience working in an inhouse manufacturing environment
- Continuous improvement is in your DNA, you thrive working in Lean and Six Sigma, constantly looking for innovative ways to improve and streamline production environments
- Solutions-focused, resilient, go-getter, willing to roll up your sleeves and be hands on whilst offering your strategic advice in a thoughtful and methodical way
- A laser focused eye for detail and an excellent analytical ability, able to extract, analyse and interpret data
- Quality focused, being at the forefront of everything you do
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, able to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the business
- A natural leader, able to flex your approach to hire, nurture and motivate a large team
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please get in touch via LinkedIn, or email [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!