Be part of something special. We’re looking for an awesome Financial Controller to join this high growth, D2C tech start-up with impressive investor funding. You’ll have a passion for technology and experience supporting the growth of business headcount and revenue.
Reporting to the CEO you will help shape and build the Finance function from scratch – across reporting, payments, accounts, systems, people, processes and relevant BI. This is a fantastic role for a highly capable, experienced individual with a background working for a growing tech/digital/online startup or SME. You will need to hit the ground running, rapidly take full ownership of all day-to-day accounting, driving monthly management accounts and financial reporting, as well as managing ad-hoc finance projects and working cross-functionally to improve our overall operational/financial performance and cash flow.
- Hiring and managing a small Finance team
- Managing the month end close process
- Producing monthly management reporting accurately and on time, as well as any ad hoc accounting report that is required by the business
- Business partnering with the CEO & Leadership team
- Day to day management of the accounts function (Accruals, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Payroll, Taxes)
- Production of annual statutory statements and liaising with external accountants and auditors
- Calculating, paying and post journals of local taxes, ensuring we are fully compliant
- Preparation of the annual tax returns with support from our tax advisers
- Support the business with Financial and Tax issues
- Manage the end-to-end payroll and expenses processes
- Lead annual reward activities (salary review, yearly bonuses, etc.)
- Experience of building and shaping a Finance function from scratch in a high growth consumer tech startup/SME
- Ability to interact with external customers and internal stakeholders
- An ability to prioritise and manage your own responsibilities, consistently meeting deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and work within a timescale
- Be a socially intelligent person and a client facing individual
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with a good knowledge of financial and management accounting
If you’d like to find out more, please get in touch at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!