Connect with SophieOr
General Manager – Ed-Tech
JD&Co has an unrivalled reputation across technology communities. We have spent the past decade partnering with scaleup and turnaround businesses and are proud to have helped shape the leadership teams of some of the best and brightest tech brands around today.
We’re extremely excited to be partnering with a forward-thinking, socially conscious Ed-Tech brand that has played a huge role in keeping the country ticking over throughout the Covid pandemic. Following a year of change and disruption, this organisation has experienced considerable growth and are now looking to hire a highly credible General Manager/Director – an exceptional leader of people who has a track record of operational leadership and high levels of commercial acumen from which to develop, shape and deliver future strategies.
- Ownership and manage business unit P&L
- Develop and plan the strategy, vision and objectives for the business unit that works towards YOY revenue increases
- Provide leadership and operational guidance and support to cross-functional teams in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Coach, mentor and manage a team of talented, high performing direct reports, ensuring alignment and drive towards shared business goals
- Implement a robust reporting system to account for and report on business unit performance.
- Ensure strong and sustainable growth through the optimisation of existing unit performance as well as the introduction of new business opportunities
- Internal & external stakeholder engagement and leadership, building relationships with senior influencers in the sector
Through long term strategic planning, maintain the position of the business as a market leader
- Exceptional people management skills, someone who can bring people together on a journey and maintain a positive “can do” culture
- You’ve worked in complex, multi-faceted environments and have successfully led high performing cross-functional teams
- You have demonstrable experience in the development of company-wide strategies and goals, and are able to distil this down into deliverable actions to ensure success
- A considerable operational leadership background coupled with strong commercial acumen
- P&L ownership and management
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and excels in high-pressure situations
- Experience of working at board level
- You’ve managed relationships/partnerships with external stakeholders and third parties
- You have an understanding of B2B SaaS products
- Must have experience of working in the Education sector
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that people have been heavily affected by the economic effects of Covid, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.