Connect with SimonOr
D2C Ecommerce – Up to £90k base + + package – London
We’re partnered with one of the most successful D2C startups in the London tech scene, who have truly disrupted the industry and are fuelled by a clear sense of mission and purpose.
They are once again expanding their team to support their success and continued expansion plans, and are looking for a Commercial Director.
Working as an integral part of the senior leadership team, you will develop new ventures and business partnerships to catapult their proposition and brand into exciting new channels, audiences and markets. You will also be responsible for building a new commercially focused Innovation & Insights team, driving market-leading products that customers love.
What you’ll be focused on:
- Working in close partnership with the Founder/CEO, ensuring the success of new ventures and opportunities, developing a strong story for the nascent category and negotiating powerful partnerships
- Leading innovation projects to take the business on a journey towards Global Category Leaders, including new channels and international expansion
- Designing the GTM strategy to drive loyalty within their target audience and customer groups
- Managing cross-category product pipeline to deliver new, exciting and customer-centric products to the range, from concept to launch
- Managing end-to-end strategy, budget and execution of insight gathering, innovation mapping and customer growth strategy to drive brand love in the UK and key next territories
- Collaborating with internal and external suppliers to create quality, lasting, commercial partnerships
Experience we’re looking for:
- Breadth of commercial leadership experience, incl. P&L ownership
- Proven entrepreneurial, business development, new venture origination
- Previous senior management and SLT experience at a start-up and/or scale-up
- Proven track record of outstanding results
- Experience leading, negotiation and closing commercial deals
- Experience leading Consumer Innovation, Customer Insight and
- Category Management
- Experience using deep Customer Insight to drive innovation strategies
- Ability to mobilise a team to make new ventures happen from scratch
OTHER IMPORTANT CREDENTIALS
- A background leading either commercial or innovation teams in a world-class FMCG business
- Have built success from a standing start
- Strategy Consulting would also be a plus
- A strong communicator, natural spokesperson and leader
- Track record of rolling up your sleeves and executing
- Experience building and developing a high-performing team, culture and company
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a very special and exciting growth journey with a mission-driven business! If you’d like to find out more, please get in touch at [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.