Connect with SophieOr
JD&Co has an unrivalled reputation across the scaleup & VC communities. We have spent the past decade partnering with high growth, scaleup businesses and have helped to build and shape the leadership teams of some of the best and brightest consumer tech brands around today.
We’re currently hiring a world class Technology leader for a global consumer tech scaleup brand. We’d like to talk to you if you are an experienced Global VP of Engineering, Engineering Director or already performing in a Chief Technology Officer / CTO role and keen to explore your next move. Big on people & culture, you have led and inspired both large global teams (150-300 h/c) alongside experience with leading smaller but fast-growing Technology and Engineering teams. In addition, if you have been busy developing high transaction, mission-critical platforms, and products, then this role could be a perfect match! ***This role can be based either from the UK or from Europe, working remotely into a London Head Office***
A blend of global tech scaleup & corporate organisation experience is highly desirable along with a track record of inspiring, building and scaling engineering teams and tech functions. You will be passionate about technology, technically astute and is someone who enjoys leading, coaching and motivating teams of engineers, while creating a high pace, agile environment to enable high performance and best practice.
You are used to being the most senior voice of Technology within the business, typically sitting under the CEO and working closely with the wider Leadership team to ensure that everyone is aligned on delivering meaningful, high quality and timely outcomes. You will be effective at combining your sharp technical skills with critical commercial, business and product thinking to keep strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive as the dominant themes in the engineering team culture.
At a high level, you will need to:
- Lead the growing Technology function, providing strategic vision and thought leadership as an active member of the senior leadership team
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to set out and measure the company goals (OKRs or similar)
- Set the vision and execute strategy for the technology roadmap, including delivery and product while providing clear communication on operational progress
- Create a world class engineering culture, with a natural energy and flair to make being an engineer the best that it can be
- Build/manage a large portfolio of products and the resultant platforms
- Maintain a thorough understanding of a variety of emerging technologies and methodologies
- Strong standing in the broader technology industry and able to act as an ambassador of the business
- You are a seasoned growth focused Technology leader – leading from the front providing strategic insight and technical knowledge to design and deliver on the technology roadmap
- You have created enviable engineering cultures in past roles, which attract and nurture world class talent
- You have significant experience and previous success of building agile software development teams globally – ideally large teams of 150-300 headcount but you may have headed up smaller, growing teams too
- You can work across a portfolio of products with experience/knowledge of working with a range of tech across web, app, full stack tech in a cloud based, microservices environment
- You combine your sharp technical skills with strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- You excel at leading and collaborating with others, and are a pragmatic decision-maker
- You can engage with a diverse range of people and truly understand what makes people tick
- Desirable – Bachelor’s degree or Masters in relevant discipline
If you’d like to find out more about this very exciting and impactful hiring, please do get in contact directly at [email protected] for a confidential conversation.
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that people have been heavily affected by the economic effects of Covid, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.