Connect with DaniellaOr
We’re looking for an awesome CFO to join this high growth, D2C tech start-up with impressive investor funding. You’ll have a passion for technology and experience supporting the growth of business headcount and revenue.
Working alongside the CEO and as an integral part of the senior leadership team, you will help shape and build the Finance function from scratch – across reporting, payments, accounts, systems, people, processes and relevant BI. This is a fantastic role for a highly capable, experienced individual with a background working for a growing tech/digital/online startup or SME. You will need to hit the ground running, rapidly take full ownership of all day-to-day accounting, driving monthly management accounts and financial reporting, as well as managing ad-hoc finance projects and working cross-functionally to improve our overall operational/financial performance and cash flow.
- Guide the strategic direction of the business through close partnership with the CEO
- Oversee the commercial health of the business; continuously monitoring and developing financial performance, managing and coordinating actions plans accordingly and where required
- Manage financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting for board meetings and investor communications; extracting structured data and information and feeding it back to the rest of the organisation and into the financial forecasting process
- Lead on implementing core financial systems including Xero
- Evaluate and report on all fundraising plans and activity, communicating and reporting back to the VC on a regular basis
- Shape and grow Finance function, including hiring and managing a small Finance team
- Experienced in planning and leading fundraising activities, and comfortable presenting data-driven insights to investors
- Experienced in high paced environments with an ability to prioritise and manage own responsibilities, consistently meeting deadlines
- Highly analytical with a focus on architecting a strategy based on data-driven decisions
- Being able to work in Excel/Sheets for financial modelling and reporting is second nature
- An ongoing track record of process improvement – system, process and solution implementation.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with a good knowledge of financial and management accounting and substantial experience within an in-house finance team
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please get in touch! [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!