Be part of an amazing & ambitious growth story. We’re partnered with an organization in high growth/scale up mode to hire a driven, entrepreneurial & operationally driven Chief Financial Officer to help them to push through the next stage of their evolution. With a fantastic corporate culture & consistently delivering highly innovative and creative digital solutions using state-of-the-art technology, their brand is at the forefront of their industry.
If you are a seasoned, passionate and highly competent CFO, with the ability to build and lead a best-in-class, scalable financial operations infrastructure and deliver on growth, we’d love to tell you more! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to lead the Finance function at Board level, manage and expand an existing strong team of finance specialists and offer high quality thought leadership with a complementary skill-set to the CEO and management team. This person will totally get ‘customer’, digital and online in this industry or similar & will bring intellectual horsepower, social intelligence, entrepreneurial style to this pivotal role in the next phase of this company’s growth.
The CFO will sit on the Executive Board and play an active role in managing the overall business. You will play a key role across the business operationally as well as from a finance perspective. You’ll build and manage the Finance team, developing and sustaining relationships with a range of people inside and outside the business.
- Guide the strategic direction & growth of the business through close partnership with the CEO & leadership team as an experienced CFO but with a strong operational flavour
- Provide overall financial insight with direct planning/forecasting & budget development (incl. marketing expenditure) to support ambitious growth goals
- Implement and maintain timely and dynamic reports to support management in executing financial aims
- Take ownership of the execution of process and governance into the organisation
- Oversee the commercial health of the business with a significant focus on efficient cash management, optimum utilisation of resources & the optimisation of processes
- Effectively manage and establish key relationships with other team leads across business functions
- Prepare and manage annual budget, report on progress and challenges
- Identify, oversee and implement reliable cost accounting systems
- Responsible for Compliance and all accounting activities and reporting for the Company
- Advertising compliance advice and expertise
- Build and manage a team capable of serving as the centre point of a £80m+ revenue business
- Extensive commercial & financial management experience – preferably with a strong background in ecommerce and/or digital/physical businesses with a deep appreciation of utilisation principles
- Proven track record of delivering sound financial support to a high growth business at least £80m++
- Proven measurable impact on key business metrics
- Proven ability to manage, recruit and motivate a strong team
- Growth orientated Executive – not just a senior accountant – M&A exposure would be ideal
- Strong FP&A ability
- Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- All the skills of a GM with the added insights gained from being a strong financial business partner
- Strong attention to detail and organisation
- Experience in earlier stage, high growth companies is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance – MBA is a plus but not required if exceptional experience is combined with curiosity/drive to achieve
- ICAEW, CIMA or FCCA certification
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with [email protected], we would love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please get in touch!
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!