Connect with SimonOr
JD&Co have partnered with an exciting B2C Fin-Tech who are looking for an experienced leader with strong track record of developing and executing successful commercialisation strategies. This is an opportunity to shape, grow and enable the commercial function in a high-growth Series B start-up, becoming an integral part of the C-Suite, and with the scope to really make impact.
Demonstrable experience growing sales, margin and market-share, and a proven expertise in Customer Success is a given. However, this person must also be an inspiring and compassionate leader who can help teams see opportunities for continuous improvement and individuals for personal growth.
As well as helping achievement the business’s OKRs and building a strong and inspiring work culture the CCO will:
Take responsibility for setting and executing on a coherent, measurable and cost effective growth plan for obtaining new customers
Scaling the Customer Experience team, while maintaining industry leading satisfaction and retention scores
Ensure the personal development of senior employees in the commercial teams
** Due to the sector that our client sits in, experience working with annual (or longer) customer acquisition cycles where there is a short / restricted customer decision window is very important. Examples, include utilities and insurance (with the associated contract renewal cycles) or property (where the decision making process is less ‘spontaneous’). Please only share you details for this role if your experience relates to such a sector.**
- Development of the commercial strategy and market positioning, setting and achieving the strategic objectives;
- Partnering with Pricing and Product on positioning of products and services
- Ensuring revenue growth, building the commercialisation infrastructure to drive market adoption of the company’s products,
- Inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment as the company executes its business plans – internally as well as externally
- Making sure that all business functions are aligned to meet the strategic commercial objectives within the overall business plan
- Establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure
- Develop and implement the company’s sales and marketing strategy across key market segments and channels to ensure that the company identifies and optimises a clear path for continued growth
- Ensuring effective transition of the customer journey from sales engagement and prospecting, through configuration, to ongoing operational delivery
- Supporting the product prioritisation process and ensuring that voice of customer data effectively flows to the Product Team
- Supporting teams and Head of department with their goal setting, aligning multiple team goals to produce an effective and aligned commercial engine
- Demonstrable commercial leadership experience in developing and executing successful commercialisation strategies in a high growth
- B2C environment with P&L responsibility
- A history of growing sales, margin and market-share
- Proven expertise in Customer Success
- Management of multi-discipline teams including marketing, CS, Sales
- Experience in businesses that sells through comparison sites
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Flexible, adaptable, effective communicator
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective prioritisation and goal setting
- Hands on as well as strategic
- Ability to interact and lead through difficult and challenging issues
- Deep understanding of, and ability to effectively articulate, commercial strategy
- Listens openly and is self-aware
- Strong leadership
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. We know that many people have been heavily by the economic effects of COVID, however, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD&Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.