Connect with SimonOr
JD&Co are working with a high growth Direct-to-Consumer startup to hire a Brand Director. This newly created role will lead all brand and brand marketing activity and be a central part of driving business growth.
- Leading and motivating a cross-functional team of brand and marketing managers, driving a culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity
- Partner seamlessly with internal national and international teams and agencies to deliver results, as well as manage significant paid media budgets to maximise scale with ROI
- Supporting growth internationally and driving awareness of the brand in untapped markets globally with your creative flare
- Developing the marketing agenda through campaign ideas and creative inhouse, and driving marketing campaigns and messages, tailoring to different customer segments, where appropriate, through all activities. Working closely with your colleagues who will play an integral role to implement this with you
- Identifying product diversification and extension opportunities to support growth, through third parties where appropriate, working cross-functionally to deliver
You will bring together innate creative leadership with demonstrable commercial acumen to evidence how building a strong, brand-led approach to marketing can deliver bottom-line business growth. Your experience will most likely include time in a high profile startup where the customer (and consumer insights) have been at the heart of the brands you have shaped.
As a naturally inquisitive leader, you will be intellectually stimulated by growing a business that has a pedigree in disrupting the status quo. Not only will you be able to shape the marketing strategy at a macro level, but you will love to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with your peers, partnering with other senior stakeholders to drive and nurture the future of the business.
You will have a high level of integrity, EQ, network building and influencing skills, enabling you to confidently challenge others and create a positive impact on both the business and your colleagues.
- Passionate about creative marketing, with the necessary drive to build and create an innovative, high performing team that is contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Hands-on, with a proven track-record developing and executing successful, multichannel marketing strategies within start-up and larger businesses
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented, highly motivated to make a significant impact on defining and executing against growth initiatives
- As well as a firm footing in creative branding, you have a head for numbers and an extremely commercial mindset
- An inspiring and motivated leader with outstanding people management and proven leadership skills; you have the versatility to manage multi-disciplinary teams and work cross-functionally across the business both in the UK and globally
- A natural ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and external partners; confidently identifying new opportunities and driving decisions when there are competing priorities
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. For a confidential conversation about this opportunity and your experience, please get in touch! [email protected]
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria we’ve outlined above. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, sadly we’re not able to respond to each individual applicant; it can sometimes take a few days for us to review applications so thanks for being patient and we’ll be sure to get in touch if we’re keen to take your application further.
JD & Co is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias, and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates!