Our client is a disruptive, multinational telecommunications corporation who are expanding rapidly following a pioneering upgrade across their network that can now support scalable growth across new locations and enhance the launch of new product developments. Based in their London HQ, this organisation are looking to engage with a hands-on CFO with their head in the future and their feet firmly in the now. Collaborating with an impressive leadership team to analyse and provide quantitative solutions for the business, as well as identifying and cultivating new and existing partnership agreements with financiers and corporate establishments.
This company’s flexible and enterprising business model keeps them at the forefront of telecoms innovation. Over the past twenty years, with a vision that has accelerated the business to impressive global standard. A customer-centric, cutting edge approach, coupled with new product innovation ensure they are continuously pushing for new and better ways to provide a consistent and delighting service.
As Chief Financial Officer, you will play a key role within the global executive team, working as a seamless extension to the CEO and other international leaders. As a core decision maker, you will be orchestrating the overall financial strategy and hold responsibility for managing and cultivating existing and new relationships both internally and externally. Furthermore, you will play a key role in all areas of the business, analysing KPIs and engaging from a strategic perspective.
You will also nurture and lead a world class Finance team, developing and sustaining relationships with a range of people inside and outside the corporation to ensure consistent performance. Additionally, you will be able to rely on the extended team, with excellent financing and high-quality resource support to help leverage the growth of the business.
Providing insights and learning, you will be a key decision maker in complex, commercial decisions. The CFO will provide quantitative thought leadership to the Chief Executive Officer and the Exec when making high-impact decisions aimed at improving corporate value. The CFO will work closely with the CEO to identify new opportunities and challenges for the business. As part of this, the CFO will also continue to lead the effort to develop the financial infrastructure of a $500m + business.
- Provide overall financial analysis at a level to help direct planning and budget development to support strategic goals
- Manage the growth plan whilst scaling the business from a financial perspective
- Guide the strategic direction of the business through close partnership with the CEO
- Build, lead and mentor a high performing Finance function
- Implement and maintain timely and dynamic reports to support management in executing financial aims
- Oversee the commercial health of the business
- Carry out Partner and Investor Relations – be an ambassador for the company, face off to the city, attend events
- Create and lead further expansion and acquisition projects
- Provide Treasury advice
- Lead on insurance/risk management
- Manage all internal audit activities
- Make sure the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met, with no exceptions
- Implement and maintain timely reports to support senior management in executing financial aims
- Maintain a close view of all accounts & escalate to investigation when appropriate
The CEO is seeking an ambitious, detail -orientated, commercial executive. You are driven by goals and targets and hold the ability to operate successfully at Board level as well as delve into day-to-day when required. You ideally have a background with a telecommunications/ service provider business where disruption, communication and evolution are at the forefront of your future proofed strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, with strong academic performance
- ICAEW certification or equivalent
- 15+ years commercial and financial management experience within both global matrix and globally expanding technology/ telecommunications businesses
- Proven track record of delivering sound financial support in a large corporate as well as in a high growth environments
- Proven, measurable impact on key business metrics
- Proven ability to manage, recruit, and motivate a strong team
- At your core, you are a growth-orientated Executive – not just a senior accountant
- Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- All the skills of a GM with the added insights gained from being a strong financial business partner
- Strong attention to detail and organisation
- Experience in start-up, high growth companies is a big plus
- A global citizen with an experience of foreign cultures would be beneficial
- Strong FP&A ability
- Experience dealing with Financial Regulator
If you would like to join global leaders in the TMT space and lead continued expansion, get in touch for a confidential conversation should you feel your skills and experience match these requirements. We would love to tell you more about this client and opportunity, however please do understand that while we try to allocate time to speak to everyone, it isn’t always possible if your experience isn’t evident within your application
This career-defining, public appointment where success and achievement are well-rewarded will provide the perfect platform to secure future accomplishments within telecommunications and the wider technology sphere