One of the most respected marketplace scale-up brands are looking to hire a thought leading, Product focused Chief Technology Officer. Responsible for some of the most highly used online consumer products, this impressive technology business have a world-class culture, an office that offers a fun, agile atmosphere where creativity and entrepreneurship are highly promoted along with a CEO who loves to inspire and lead from the front with innovation and employee happiness.
As part of the exec, your role as Chief Technology Officer will be to define and deliver the full end-to-end technology and product roadmap through outstanding people leadership, strategy design and technical evangelism to create a platform capable of supporting millions of users globally. The top team are passionate about the business and where it’s headed; they treat it as their own, all owning a share of the business themselves, as does the entire wider team.
Working alongside the CEO, you will identify and advise on the best technology solution to drive the successful execution of multiple new consumer products upon a scalable platform that supports hyper growth.
You will create the right team structure to balance new product development as well as maintenance of existing features, and you will ensure that the product remains central to company’s business ethos and culture.
- Be the visionary for the end to end customer experience for the business
- Define the product strategy and the full product roadmap across the entire business
- Coordinate and lead the prioritisation of the roadmap and the balancing across core, adjacency and seeds
- Be responsible for all product-related matters and teams, including product conception, product management, product marketing, product partnering and product release
- Manage and refine the business release process, integrating development delivery and cross-functional activity to deliver products to market
- Organise the delivery mechanism, e.g. into Tracks/PODS/Squads of cross-functional resource
- Create a clear structure to develop hypotheses, implement and measure results that is then used to inform further development
- Ensure on track development of all tech and UX components of the platform
- Manage recruitment, training and on-going coaching of the product team, identifying and developing talent
- Develop of platform metrics that can track the user’s engagement with the platform
- Report on the platform tech stack, its key metrics and its forward-looking development
The CEO is looking to partner with an experienced product focused, technology leader who is excited about the interaction of the customer and technology and who will help evolve and execute what we think is a brilliant strategy; one built around customers and one that helps them scale.
Ideally, you have worked for a sizeable, global, challenger brand and led the business through a large, scale up project dealing with complex technologies and solving technology / product issues whilst keeping trading and the customer experience at the front of your mind. A person with interest in how technology can influence their customers and the future of product development.
With a strong online presence and multiple connections within the tech and product communities, this role will focus on thought leadership, speaking events and partnering with Silicon Valley advisors to design and execute product delivery team structures that result in high performance.
As part of the CxO and right hand to the CEO, this is one of the most vital hires in the organisation and we expect to pay salaries within the range of £100k – £150k base with a comprehensive package on top and stock in 6-12 months’ time.