JD&Co are partnered with an award-winning consumer tech start-up who have achieved phenomenal growth and success and are now looking to hire an exceptional Chief Product Officer Product to design and lead the product strategy, taking full responsibility for a talented product and design team. You will be given full autonomy and ownership, and have the opportunity to lead transformational change across the business as they continue to grow and innovate their product portfolio.
You are a passionate digital product innovator with a breadth and depth of experience within fast-paced, agile, tech/digital start-ups/SME’s. You are an inspirational leader with experience leading and motivating high performing product teams, and an expert in senior stakeholder management between product and the wider business, using first-class influencing and collaboration skills.
- Communicating product vision and strategy – responsibility for the digital product vision and strategy, creating and executing on the overall product roadmap
- Product development – Manage and refine the business release process, integrating development delivery and cross-functional activity to deliver products to market
- Market and competitor analysis – follow market and sector trends as well as competitor activity to maintain a competitive as well as first-mover advantage
- Team Management – Lead, grow and mentor an engaged product team, setting clear expectations on contribution and goals
- Commercials – ensure products built are commercial and deliver positive ROI to the business; bring pragmatism and a focus on numbers to the product team. Manage overall product budget
- Collaboration – Work closely with all functions, including Customer Experience to drive the product portfolio and increase customer awareness and acquisition
Something About You:
- A customer-centric Product professional; passionate about technology and solving real problems
- In-depth knowledge of the e-commerce marketplace and valuable insights around what innovation is required to support the business in the future
- Comfortable in different environments, having learned best practice processes within both corporate, SME and start-up environments
- Adept at ensuring that the DNA of the product runs from the vision through to execution, and ensuring consistency and simplicity at all times
- Able to think laterally – from the small detail to long-term strategy
- You have exceptional leadership skills and an aptitude for working, coaching and mentoring members of your own team as well as others
- You enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment and have the intellectual acumen and conceptual horsepower to make your mark on the future of this ambitious and innovative leader