We are partnered with an award winning, disruptive, global Tech company, who are planning on scaling at pace and are looking for an exceptional Chief Operating Officer to join the leadership team, to maximise business efficiency as well as defining and launching new products, to maintain and future proof their status as industry market leaders.
As COO you will drive scalability through intrepreneurship, supporting the expansion of the company, delivering their ambitious growth and innovation goals by defining an operating and execution strategy to transform the business to a true Product Centric organisation.
Operationally, you will ensure that the moving parts of the business continue, as the business scales, to be an efficient and seamless engine for sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a fundamental commitment to, and strong instinct for delivering and maintaining outstanding customer value.
You’ll be responsible for:
Spotting opportunities to create or improve revenue streams, taking ideas from concept through to realisation; identify key metrics and develop product plans to achieve goals, and assess performance
- Use a data-driven approach to rigorously evaluate and prioritise the company’s commercial and technological opportunities, creating a competitive advantage through building robust and achievable strategic and operating plans, and partnering with the leadership team and the entire business, in executing against them
- Delivering P&L and KPI targets within agreed timeframes, continuously assessing the performance of the business from a rigorous, quantitative angle
- Designing and implementing robust and scalable systems, structures, and technologies
- Engineering and executing improved lean processes and effective leadership practices company-wide to ensure continuous improvement and growth without killing innovation
- Establishing credibility with, and effectively managing a senior team of executives whilst building trust and confidence within the organisation as a whole
- Manage office vibe, culture, and total staff wellbeing whist enhancing, leading and motivating a multi-functional geographically diverse team to develop high performance and create data driven decision making
The responsibilities for this role are broad and deep and so as well as having an impact at senior levels, you will also need to be down to earth, practical and 100% focused on execution, delivery and overseeing all roles and their performance.
A bit about you:
- 10+ years proven track record of highly successful operational leadership within nimble, fast growing companies (FinTech/InsurTech/similar regulated environment), on their second phase of growth evolution, scaling them for further expansion; defining new products, building & optimising infrastructure and processes
- Strong end-to-end understanding of product, customer experience and technology; deep experience overseeing the creation of innovative customer-facing products and propositions securing deep and broad user engagement
- Seasoned operator who can use data to drive decisions, strategy, budgeting, and execution and be highly commercial with a history of over-delivering against aggressive financial targets
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment where new opportunities arise frequently. Need to able to shelter or support your team as appropriate
- Ability to inspire culture, with a positive impactful approach to employee development and wider commitment to doing good in the world
This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial, product focussed, operational leader to bring their commercial and growth excellence into this innovative, scaling business.